Took this picture after rain but luckily there is sunset as promised. Once the Raja Laut flees to Kota Kinabalu, I received an invitation to check out the yacht. Thanks to Mr. Nicolas, the captain and thanks to Yohannes too!
Beautifully designed, the Raja Laut gave me a feeling that I wanted to have some adventure. It’s clean and fully furnished. It feels like I’m finally in Pirates of the Carribean! Well, if you can swim, maybe you can just jump, maybe. Don’t forget to take off your shoes, sandals, or whatever you are wearing because you need to be on board barefoot.
Foods are all set and ready once we are on board. Enjoying the welcoming cocktails and snacks until when you can find all of us dancing under the moonlight while Mr. Nicolas was still busy navigating.
Schooner Raja Laut was designed along exquisite classic lines for yacht charters in Asia. The name Raja Laut means "king of the seas" in the Malay language. Effortlessly combining style and grace with modern technology, Raja Laut has enjoyed unforgettable adventures throughout the Asian region, from , to , , , and the .
As I have a busy schedule, it just hit me when I heard the name “Raja Laut”. What is that? I asked myself and I make sure that I’ll be free and I had a great time discovering from top to bottom, left to right!
Auxiliary Equipment, Tender and Recreational Equipment
Comprehensive set of tools
Quantity of spare parts
Full cover awnings
4.8 metre RIB dinghy with 60 HP Yamaha Outboard
Bauer Mariner scuba diving compressor
12 sets of tanks and complete scuba diving gear
20 sets of masks, fins, and snorkels
1 inflatable sea kayak
Waterski and Wakeboard
Now, you must have been wondering why I am including this list of equipment. In fact, they do sail from the East to West or West to East. If you wanted to sail.
When is the best time to sail with Raja Laut?
DECEMBER TO APRIL the prevailing winds are from the NORTH-EAST, and during this time the weather on WEST coast of Thailand and the vicinity is as near to perfect as possible with light winds and hardly a drop of rain. December to March is the best time for a vacation in Langkawi, Phuket, Phang-Nga Bay, Mergui, Andaman.
MAY TO OCTOBER, the prevailing winds are from the SOUTH-WEST and during this is the best time to visit the EAST coast of Thailand and the vicinity (Tioman, Singapore, Sabah, Malaysian Borneo).
In Indonesia the weather is generally good for year-round cruising.
There are few things you can do in this yacht.
1. Do an event. May it be a birthday party, or a wedding. It feels extremely awesome to party out in the sea. Call the catering!
2. Stay for the weekend. Since there are three rooms that you can stay in the yacht, why not? Not to mention that you can sleep on the deck if you want. Then it surely can fit more than 10 people overnight.
3. I don’t know. Lesson how to sail the yacht? Kidding.
What to bring?
1. Flip-flops and a rubber soled sandals or "reef runners" for venturing ashore. You will spend most time on board barefoot.
3. Sunglasses or shades
4. Sunscreens with at least 15SPF are very highly recommended, as well as soothing after sun products.
5. Your toiletry bag should include all the usual items
6. Maybe insect repellent and seasickness pill just in case.